Tuesday, April 17, 2007

NEVER TOO OLD TO NEED MOM

Everyday I am reminded that no matter how old you are - you are never to old to need Mom. They always come to your rescue.
A couple of days Ashleigh informed me that someone else had a prom dress like the one she was going to have made. Thankfully the only put out so far was the cost of a pattern (Did you know that a pattern for a formal dress is $33 these days - It's been awhile since I bought a pattern I guess) Well, when you've dreamed of your prom for so long to think you might knowingly have the same dress or one very similar is unheard of. So Ashleigh found a dress that she "LOVED" on-line. When I investigated it I found that the dress was not sold in Canada. Ashleigh wanted to pursue a seamstress to have it made. As she ran out the door Saturday morning I was a bit overwhelmed. Sounded so easy to her. I went back on the website where she found her dress and put our postal code in the zip code search - hoping that I misread the information given to me previously and that a store would have popped up locally in the last hour. But, that didn't happen. I then put in my mom's zip code and low and behold there was a store in her town. Not only was it in her town, but it was right by her house. I felt a bit releaved because I had a good idea that my mom would help us if she could. Ashleigh called her Nana and everything was put into motion to purchase the "PERFECT PROM DRESS". I looked on-line to find out to properly measure someone for a dress. I did it right - I just read the tape measure wrong. When Mom saw Ashleigh's waist size she e-mailed back and said that couldn't be, that was her size. So we remeasured and I was only off by 5 inches. Thankfully Mom caught that. The only glitch in the whole thing is Ashleigh had to decide on another color of dress but get this - if she wanted blue it had to be ordered and couldn't be guaranteed to be in before June 12 - Prom is June 18. Too tricky. But, if she wanted the red dress, they had only 1 dress in the store - it was Ashleighs size and red. Well, it was a no brainer - the red was just as gorgeous.

No matter how old or how far, Mom's will always be there for their kids! Thanks a bunch Mom for helping me out and making Ashleigh's prom dress come true!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well written article.

11:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home