Wednesday, January 10, 2007

CHRISTMAS 2006
Christmas Eve I had to work. I left a list of 'things to do' for everyone else at home and when I got home everything was ready and looked great. We had done all of our cooking on Saturday. Ashleigh and Hannah even learned how to make Adirondack Salad and Pimento Salad (old - I mean really old - family tradition that I won't let my family break). We all dressed up for church and had a great time at the Christmas Eve service. It is always the familys favorite service. After the service we had the Austin grandparents, Vances, and other family friends in for lots of eats, conversation and laughs. It was a great night. In the picture the girls are showing off their Christmas Sleep Shorts that they got to open. They all slept in the same room - another tradition they love. They were kinda noisey at first but soon had vision of sugarplums dancing in their heads.

Christmas morning everyone got up at 6 a.m. We got our Santa gifts and opened our stockings. You can see that Lauryn got a personal DVD player, Ashleigh got an IPOD, Molly got Webkins and Hannah got a sewing machine. It was lots of fun. I had to head off to work for 7 a.m. and the presents had to wait until I got home. The girls had packed me breakfast to take to work - it way what we always have for breakfast and that way I didn't miss out. It was nice to be at work with the residents - some who were heading out for the day and others who had no family. Around 2 pm. the girls and Chris came in to the Lodge and visited the residents that were there and gave them handmade ornaments. The residents were thrilled to have the company and it was great for the girls to do something for someone else on that day. It was fun. Then it was time to head home and open the gifts - WOO HOO!!!!!!! We opened gifts for a couple of hours and then headed off to the Vances for a yummy turkey dinner. I was very hungary and could hardly wait. After dinner we opened a few more gifts and then had a loud, exciting game of Catch Phrase. If you've never played it, I highly recommend it for a good laugh or two or three. It was an awesome time and full of tradition which I think is so important for our family. No matter where we are the girls can count on Christmas always being the same - and we even try a new thing now and again. Christmas' were always that way in our home growing up - I can hear the music, smell the food and hot cider, taste the red onion dip and know I would be sleeping in new p.j.'s on Christmas Eve. It's magical!

1 Comments:

Blogger holly said...

fun sleep shorts, girls. a great take on the traditional christmas pj's. lol.

molly - jacob got that same cow webkin!!! we named him, "spots". fittingly so, i think. ;)

well...hope your new year, thus far, is truly blessed. miss you all, austins!!! :) :) :)

5:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home